Thursday, October 1, 2009


ABOUT ME.....I have studied and practiced yoga nearly every day for the last seventeen years, receiving inspiration from a variety of master teachers such as Paul Grilley, Sarah Powers, Amy Weintraub, Mukunda Stiles, Anodea Judith, Cathy O'Neill and many more.

In 2001 I attended the teacher training at the Moksha Yoga Shala School of hatha yoga in Lafayette, CA. I then went on to train in my second teacher training in the Iyengar style at the Yoga Movement Center in Walnut Creek and completed my 200 hour advanced studies in September, 2005. In July 2006 I successfully completed all the requirements of the Niroga Institute Yoga Corps (www.niroga.org/). This program enhanced my yoga training with tools for working with at-risk populations.
In 2008 I completed my 500 hr. yoga therapy training
at Ananda Seva Mission in Santa Rosa, CA.
In August of 2010 I successfully completed the
"Yoga for Recovery" program at Sivananda and received my 100 hour certification.
This program integrates the wisdom of auyuveda, yoga and the tools of the 12 steps aiding those in recovery.
Recent Graduate of the Y12SR program serving the addiction population.
Addition trainings include : Ayurveda for yoga therapy with Sarasvati Buhrman, PhD,. Yoga Nidra with Richard Miller, Yoga for Depression with Amy Weintraub (yogafordepression.com.) Philosophy of the chakras" with Anodea Judith.